- Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is conducting Village administrative Officer (VAO) exam every year. Many aspirants are preparing for it and now they are looking for TNPSC VAO Syllabus 2014.
- All the updates and news regarding TNPSC VAO Syllabus 2014 are provided below by the team of recruitmentinbox.in.
Name of the Organization
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
TNPSC VAO Syllabus 2014
- General Science
- Current Events
- History and Culture of India and Tamil Nadu
- Indian Polity
- Indian Economy
- Indian National Movement
- Aptitude & Mental Ability Tests
- Authors and their Literary Works
Basics of Village Administration
- The role, functions duties and responsibilities of a Village Administrative Officer in VILLAGE and REVENUE ADMINISTRATION
- Accounts maintained and furnished by the VAO at the end of every FASLI YEAR.
- Basic Principles / Information relating to classification of lands
- Basic information on rates of assessment and annual revenue collection and forms of irrigation of land including those belonging to the Government
- Scrutiny of accounts relating to Panachayat revenue
- Role of VAO during calamities
- Basic information relating to assignment of lands / house sites in Villages and Towns
- Grant of lands for cattle or dairy farms
- Levy of rents (Ground Rent / Quit Rent) etc
- Exemption from land revenue
- Unauthorized occupation of Government land basic information about Land
- Procedure relating to conduct of inquiries in relation to age, marital status, income, domicile
- Basic principles of and procedures involved in survey, sub-division of a survey field and knowledge of Field Management Book.
- Direct Revenue collections made under various heads by the VAO
- Specific duties during festivals and common Village functions
- Basic information about Revenue Recovery Act
- Basic information relating to forest lands and resources and sale of sandalwood and other valuable tress
- Basic information relating to Adivasis / Tribals and the role of a VAO in extending special protection and support of the Government to them.
Note: For more Details about TNPSC VAO Syllabus 2014 see here