Union Public Service Commission conducts exams to fill up the vacancies in many government sectors. There are several Public Service Commission exams executes but before these UPSC discloses UPSC Syllabus for every specific test of recruitment. Get UPSC Syllabus 2016 in detail way from below section of this page.
- These exams are held every year. Willing and qualified aspirants must read this page this till end so that desired information can get.
- These details about UPSC Syllabus to download in PDF file type For Prelims & Mains Exam’s Pattern Online are brought to you by well known site which is recruitmentinbox.in.
Examiner Name: Union Public Service Commission
Exam Name: Different
UPSC Preliminary Examination Syllabus
UPSC Syllabus of Paper I
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
- General Science
Syllabus of Paper II
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level)
- Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level
More info of Prelims & Mains Exam Pattern:
- In Prelims Exam, there are two papers of 200 marks each.
- Both the papers will be on Objective Type based pattern.
- The papers will be set in both the languages, i.e, Hindi and English.
|Section 1 Essay||200 marks|
|Section 2 English Comprehension & English Précis||100 marks|
|General Studies–I||250 marks|
|General Studies –II||250 marks|
|General Studies –III||250 marks|
|General Studies –IV||250 marks|
|Optional Subject – Paper 1||250 marks|
|Optional Subject – Paper 2||250 marks|
|Sub Total (Written test)||1800 Marks|
|Personality Test||275 Marks.|
|Grand Total||2075 Marks|
Job fighters may choose any optional subjects from the above list.
Optional subjects for Main Examination:
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Electrical Engineering
Group-2: For Group 2 Literature exam may be given in the following languages:
Types of Exams Executed by UPSC:
- Civil Services Preliminary and Main Examination
- Indian Forest Service Examination (IFSC)
- Engineering Services Examination (ESE)
- National Defence Acadamy (NDA) & Naval Academy Examination (NAE)
- Combined Defence Services (CDS)
- Combined Medical Services (CMS)
- Special Class Railway Apprentices (SCRA)
- Geologist Examination (GE)
- Indian Economic/ Statistical Service
- Central Police Forces (CPF)
- Indian Police Services (IPS)
How to Download UPSC Syllabus in PDF:
- At initial visit official website that is upsc.gov.in
- On the home page select option as ‘Examination’
- Then choose UPSC Syllabus link to applied post
- UPSC Syllabus will be available in PDF file type format
- Download UPSC Syllabus in your PC.
Note: Dear job hunters please don’t forget to visit our website daily to get latest happenings in the world of employment.
Check Important UPSC Updates
|UPSC Calendar||UPSC Application Form|
|UPSC Exam Pattern||UPSC Study Material|
|UPSC Coaching Institutes||UPSC Exam List|
|IAS Online Notification||UPSC Challan Form|